LoyalGames.se / dayofdefeat.se / teamfortres.se

Nyheter:

LoyalGames.SE LogoOld.DayofDefeat.se

Steam Group of =LoyalGames=

Författare Ämne: LoyalGames #1, #2, #3 downtime 4-6 May 2018  (läst 799 gånger)

Paws

• Administrator
  • Antal inlägg: 1
    • Visa profil
Re: LoyalGames #1, #2, #3 downtime 4-6 May 2018
« Svar #3 skrivet: 2018 maj 07, 20:34:28 »
I don't understand much of this but i do sincerely appreciate the time and effort you put down on this. :)

Mute

• Administrator
  • Antal inlägg: 3
    • Visa profil
Re: LoyalGames #1, #2, #3 downtime 4-6 May 2018
« Svar #2 skrivet: 2018 maj 07, 20:31:06 »
Thanks for fixing it :)

Enemy1

• Linux Power
  • Administrator
  • Antal inlägg: 2 644
  • send me a pm before adding me on icq or msn :-)
    • Visa profil
    • DayOfDefeat.SE
LoyalGames #1, #2, #3 downtime 4-6 May 2018
« Svar #1 skrivet: 2018 maj 07, 20:12:37 »
This time a restart of a server-machine didn't go as it should.

The reason for the restart was long uptime and we did this for 2 boxes.

This was done during desktop work around 10 and when it didn't had woken up an hour later we went down and made a manual restart, waited, logged in and checked if it pinged out and it did.
Up again we still couldn't connect and it didn't respond in any way and now we couldn't get down until 15 for a real try to get it going with network-cards and after different approaches we took the hard decision to cut the power and go home.

On Saturday we went in for a reinstall of the box and that was done in 2 hours and I went home for the final touch from home.
But now the game-servers refused to start with weird errors and we took the call to make a reinstall on Sunday with an older version of the same OS.

On Sunday it went faster thanks to the last days work, but it stopped at the same errors as the day before.
But thanks to changes in the debug-logs we could nail them one by one with errors in Valves code and many new dependencies.

The risk is that an update may replace the altered files and that we will have to do those again.

But now everything is running as it should!
« Senast ändrad: 2018 maj 09, 16:09:59 av Enemy1 »