LoyalGames.se / dayofdefeat.se / teamfortres.se

Nyheter:

LoyalGames.SE LogoOld.DayofDefeat.se

Steam Group of =LoyalGames=

Författare Ämne: Ny dods mod 2009  (läst 1960 gånger)

Branti

• Administrator
  • Antal inlägg: 556
    • Visa profil
    • WT
Re: Ny dods mod 2009
« Svar #4 skrivet: 2009 december 08, 17:19:30 »
Kan vara roligt att testa på denna mod.  :)

mad

• Antal inlägg: 227
    • Visa profil
Re: Ny dods mod 2009
« Svar #3 skrivet: 2009 december 08, 11:16:49 »
omg  ;D

Detta är ett måste att testa. Är mkt som är korrigerat från nuvarande dods....

När/Om du startar upp en server. Starta gärna upp en separat steamgrupp och schemalägg lite spel.... dvs massinvita folk till en helg happening eller dylikt..  Jag är definitivt på.. iaf söndag då jag får spela för tanten :)

znollen

• Antal inlägg: 512
  • Öl är alltid gott
    • Visa profil

Enemy1

• Linux Power
  • Administrator
  • Antal inlägg: 2 640
  • send me a pm before adding me on icq or msn :-)
    • Visa profil
    • DayOfDefeat.SE
Ny dods mod 2009
« Svar #1 skrivet: 2009 december 07, 07:38:58 »
Hittade denna artikel om en ny dods-mod

kanske skulle starta 1 server med den - för å testa  8)

Citera
Remind you, I'm not a fan of source, but if this new mod works like I have been told. I will end up playing some source here soon when I get my comp fixed.

Recently we've found a great balance between rifles, snipers, and supports and I am proud to release Competitive Day of Defeat Source mod version 7.1. In this release includes many changes and better balancing. A few quick things to notice is that the BAR is extremely powerful. I did this so that they could pose a threat to 3 kars on the axis team. The dynamic is back to 1.3 with Kars being dominate axis weapons and Bars being dominate allied weapons. Keep in mind that the BAR is unlike 1.3, and is probably better in many ways.

New to this version is the fact that we can now enforce sv_consistency "1" and sv_pure "2". We are able to do this by allowing Clients to download the scripts. Sv_consistency basically makes sure that your files match the servers exactly, which is why consistency didn't work in the past. It did not work before because clients were using default scripts (from the .gcf) where the server was using the modded scripts. With consistency, we can make sure that no players are exploiting the mod by altering their scripts, with no recoil, perfect aim, etc.

Before anyone tries to debunk the logic of consistency, here are a few examples of why it can no longer be exploited:

1.) The server and ALL 12 players connecting to the server (or more, for pubs) must all have the same script files to play.
2.) If a client decides to try and alter a file, he will not be able to join the server because it will differ from the server due to consistency on 1.
3.) If the server owner tries to alter the files, then NONE of the clients will be able to join unless ALL 12 of the players connecting (or more, for pubs) have the altered files. This would never happen, because the altered files would not be official and I'm sure someone would speak up if there was no recoil on a certain weapon.

It's up to you to make sure the server is enforcing consistency, do this by typing in console "sv_consistency" to see what the server is enforcing. Thanks to cypher, from the US community who made a simple installer for the client mod. This helps because when you have the mod you cannot pub due to having different scripts from the server.

Here is the installer:

32bit - http://www.fragdods.com/pande/xpl/files/D..
64bit - http://www.fragdods.com/pande/xpl/files/D..

The install is simple, place the folder on your desktop (or anywhere really) and inside the folder you will see GUNSCRIPTS.ini which designates the location of your dod folder. You will already see most of it filled out, simply replace <email> with your email so that it matches the folder structure of your computer. You may also need to change the drive, or put other folders in front depending on where your steam folder is on your hard drive. Double click the LOAD GUNSCRIPTS.bat and it will quickly install the files, click UNLOAD GUNSCRIPTS.bat and it will uninstall for pub use.

If you happen to have a server, you will need to install the files as well, although an installer doesn't work for the server. Included in the .rar's are also default script files for anyone who wants to revert back to stock.

Changes are below. Feel free to leave feedback. We'll be using this mod in the first season of XPL and is subject to change after preseason. So far it has shown that this mod is the best balance between the two teams and has been incredibly enjoyable play testing and finalizing the mod. I hope you guys like it, enjoy! Preseason for XPL starts this wednesday, Dec. 9th, 2009. There will be 2 weeks of preseason, and after that a vote will take place to decide if the mod will be used or not. The first preseason map is dod_solitude_rats which is a very well done version of solitude which is close to 1.3. The second map, is a map I made, dod_old_anzio which is a perfect 1.3 port of dod_anzio.

Now here are the weapon changes:

Perspective on the stats:
-------------------------

Damage: The higher the number, the more damage it does to the chest. Damage values are based on chest only and CANNOT be edited per limb or head.

Recoil: The higher the number, the more recoil. I can only change one number which effects side to side and up and down. I CANNOT change side to side or up and down specifically.

Accuracy: The lower the number, the more accurate. 0.0 accuracy means 100% accuracy when stopped. Accuracy effects both moving, stopped, crouched and proned. Movement penalities have not been included, but rest assured that, that modifier is always in effect and movement penalities do exist for all weapons. This means that while moving, standing or crouched, there will be a penalty to the accuracy depending on how fast you are moving.

Penetration: The higher the number, the more penetration there is when shooting through walls or boxes. Simple enough.

Fire Delay, Rate of Fire: The lower the number, the faster the weapon shoots. This also effects recoil a bit, when a weapon shoots fast that means there are more bullets per second which equals more recoil per second. Some people have a hard time realizing this and it's worth pointing out.

Basic changes:

(original/comp mod)

Kar98:

Damage: 110/160
Accuracy (COF): 0.014/0.0115
Recoil: 8.0/8.0
Penetration: 1.0/3.0
Fire delay (ROF): 1.6/1.6

m1 Garand:

Damage: 80/90
Accuracy (COF): 0.014/0.009
Recoil: 4.0/5.8